Friday, January 13, 2012

Mail.Ru interview

ICQ developer positions (protocol part of course =] )

1) talk about life with HR manager
2) talk with senior developer? about me, about my skills, about work
3) some question (I told that I wont write any sorting algo bcoz it's real stupid in my mind, I wrote NlogN sorting 2 times: in an university on algorithm class and on one stupid interview)
a) (!A && !B) || (!A && B) - can you simplify it, what about (A && !B) || (!A && B)
b) please write function for adding element in a ring buffer, make it clean like in real life, do you think it's bug free. Then I told that I think better to do it inline static and developer from mail.ru told me that gcc make it inline without inline bcoz it's small enough
c) we talk about inlining

so it was interesting, I think this man (head of ICQ developer group) adequate enough, I can recommend him. He dont ask stupid question which one can look at any book about algorithms, but dont hold it in memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment